First Exposure to AutoHotKey

So I have found an interesting toy to mess with. AutoHotKey. AutoHotKey is a scripting platform to perform and automate actions within Windows. At work we use Automate 9 to perform sending and downloading files via s/ftp, and notification actions based on data within our databases. The two seem to be quite similar, but it seems like AutoHotKey is a lot lower level. With Automate 9 you have a gui with a toolbox on the side with various actions that allow drag and drop capability.

As a programmer I find AutoHotKey a lot more familiar since the syntax is relatively similar to modern programming languages. Automate 9 on the hand took me awhile to figure what was going on, and that program has a lot of quirky, unusual, and unhelpful behavior. Well, I am familiar with C-type languages and Vb.Net, and messed with Lua while back, and I can grasp proper AHK syntax without too much trouble. Although I have to confess that some of the syntax regarding variables is a little unexpected. As someone from a C++/C# language background, Lua was much easier to grasp than AutoHotKey.

----

So while I mess with the AutoHotKey scripts I wanted to use source control for the code. So I decided to make use of my existing sourceforge account and make the AHKHSScripts project. Might take me a while to fully understand the proper use since there are a lot of administrator options. For now I am going to cross my fingers and hope the default settings are good enough for now. With TortoiseSVN had to SVN Checkout from "https://svn.code.sf.net/p/ahkhsscripts/code-0/", not sure that that code-0 is about, but whatever.  Oh, and I must hope that I am not deported for trying to advocate the violent overthrow of the United States by submitting AHK scripts.

Note: "...your SourceForge Content is not obscene, lewd, lascivious, excessively violent, harassing, libelous or slanderous, does not advocate the violent overthrow of the government of the United States, does not incite, encourage or threaten immediate physical harm against another;..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asp.net Publishing Broke Site - "App_WebReferences is not allowed because the application is precompiled"

Telerik - Custom Group Footers In RadGrid

Bootstrap Modal Popup is Grayed Out