BDOS With VirtualBox 5.x and old VMWare 7.x Network Adaptors Incompatible

So similar to other issues in the forums with other incompatible network adaptors the version of VMWare I had on my pc would not work with the version of VirtualBox 5.x well.  I would get BDOS on waking up after Sleep, or sometimes after restarting or sometimes in the middle of working.  My VMWare install was on a drive that died so the uninstall would not work through my Windows 7 machine.  I had to go in and do a manual uninstall basically for the VMWare.  I did not do a complete uninstall by messing with the registry, but I did stop the related Vmware services and uninstall the network drivers.   After I did that no more blue screens of death .

Edit: After a day or two. I started getting other errors.  Darn.  I have spent too much time on this, I think I am going to try and go back to VMWare.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asp.net Publishing Broke Site - "App_WebReferences is not allowed because the application is precompiled"

Telerik - Custom Group Footers In RadGrid

Bootstrap Modal Popup is Grayed Out